Gear Reviews – Alesis – Alesis Quadraverb – Ambient – Multi-Effect - Rack – Rack Gear – Shoegaze – October 17, 2012 – 0 Comments
The Alesis Quadraverb ruled the rack-heavy world of the late 80s and early 90s and can still be found in countless guitar rigs, studios and live sound setups to this day. The “Quads” longevity is a testament to its outstanding sound quality and highly editable effects. While many modern day tone tweakers might find the unit’s fixed algorithms limiting, the Quadraverb can still manage to squeeze out an awesome amount of sonic bliss in the hands of the right programmer. While this box can call up all of your standard bread and butter effects, the Quad’s blissfully long reverbs have found loads of fans in the ambient and shoegaze circles thanks to its unique ability to envelope your signal in unapologetic wetness. Considering these can be had on Ebay for around $100, you’ll be hard pressed to find anything – in this price range – that can come close to the stellar sounds of the Quadraverb.
Shop for Gear
About the Author
Search Guitar Rigs
(Type in Artist, Band, Manufacturer, Model or FX Type)
- Im new to the rack gear. Few questions
- Stompbox Power Supply Query
- Seef's rig. Need advice
- HELP!! is this an authentic amp?
- HEXE Revolver === Glitch effects for guitar
- Correct way to patch/connect a BBE sonic maximizer and effects processor.
- Vintage BOSS Pedals cheap...
- Which Les paul shape guitar should i get?