The Promise Ring - 2012 Reunion Tour
I had the pleasure of seeing The Promise Ring @ The 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. the other day. We were standing in the front row right in front of Jason Gnewikow so I was able to get a shot of his pedalboard. I also saw Davey Von Bohen's board and was able to get a glimpse at Scott Schoenbeck's board from a distance. I attached pictures, but here's what I was able to see:
The Promise Ring - 2012 Reunion Tour (July 20, 2012)
Davey Von Bohlen- Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Fender Telecaster Left Handed (Sunburst)
Fender Telecaster Left Handed (Midnight Wine)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Fender 2-Channel Amp Switcher
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Jason Gnewikow - Lead Guitar, Some Backup Vocals
Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster (Butterscotch Finish)
Fender Telecaster (Natural Finish) - He did not play this, but I saw it on his side of the stage before they setup
Effects (see picture below)
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Nano Reverb
Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Electro-Harmonix Small Stone
Marshall JCM-800 Lead Series (Horizontal 2 Inputs with Greyish Grill Cloth)
Marshall 1960a 4x12" Cab
Scott Schoenbeck - Bass Guitar, Some Backup Vocals
Fender Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
Tech 21 NYC Programmable Bass Driver DI
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
Ashdown ABM Head
Ampeg SVT-810AV Cab
Ryan Weber? William Seidel? Not sure who this was - Keyboards and Some Backup Vocals
Korg MicroKorg (not positive on this, it was on the table I mention below)
There was a small table with some sampler/drum machine looking gadgets on it. I couldn't see it from where I was.
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
- Believe the Sunburst Telecaster and Fender Hot Rod Deville were the same ones that Davey used when I saw him touring with Cap N' Jazz not too long ago.
- At their February 25, 2012 show there were some additional pieces of gear that I didn't see last Friday. Davey had his Proco Rat II instead of the Channel Switcher. Jason had an extra Marshall Combo Amp on stage and a Black '72 Telecaster Deluxe as well as his natural finish one. Scott had an extra pedal on his board that I'm unfamiliar with (All sizes | The Promise Ring @ The Metro 2.25.12-12 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!).
- On Conan in 2002 and the one-off show in 2005, a Vox AC-30 could be on stage as well.
- At the show in 2005, Davey was still playing out of his JCM800 with 1960a cab at that time.
- Around 2001/2002 Jason switched to using the '72 Fender Telecaster Butterscotch instead of using a Gibson SG.
Last edited by AcquiredTaste; 12.03.12 at 11:15 AM.
|dan didier, davey von bohlen, jason gnewikow, ryan weber, scott beschta, scott schoenbeck, the promise ring, tim burton|