Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Guitars

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Robotron2084

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04.30.11, 2:16 AM

Murad is on a distinguished road
Anybody know this guitar?

Would be greatly appreciated if someone can identify this guitar. To begin with, the headstock is confusing to determine. Looks like a limited-edition Fender or some obscure Ibanez not sure. Thanks in advance!.

http://s3.postimage.org/1ybp5ord0/whatguitar.png

Old 04.30.11, 9:19 AM

ledfloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Ibanez Talman ??? Just guessing by the body shape.
Fender Tele Special/Fender Performer/Danelectro 6|12 Doubleneck/Odyssey Fretless Bass/Barney Kessel Clone/Partscaster/Epi Firebird->-Mastotron->-Philosopher's Tone->-Naga Viper->-Teaser Stallion->-RAH->-Crybaby 95Q->-Egnater Tweaker 15W-[M13 in Loop]
Old 04.30.11, 11:43 AM

Robotron2084 is on a distinguished road
Fender USA Toronado
Old 04.30.11, 2:44 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you guys for responding!. Thank you Robotron! you're spot on.

Found the exact match here : Fender Toronado Highway One American Series | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm off to look up for reviews and such! (looking for a decent guitar for future purchase and home recording).
Old 05.01.11, 8:47 PM

I have a MIM Toronado made in '99 or so. I really like the body and the 24.75" neck. The bridge plate looks like a Musicmaster bridge but really it's more like a hardtail strat bridge since it's through-body with six saddles and vintage spacing.

I really, really hate the pickups though (Fender Atomic humbuckers) and I haven't gotten around to replacing them. Sonically it covers the same range as some of the other guitars I have so it doesn't get much use. They made a great version of this guitar with dual P-90ish pickups - that's the one I wish I had.
Old 05.02.11, 2:44 AM

jonbye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron2084 View Post
They made a great version of this guitar with dual P-90ish pickups - that's the one I wish I had.
Pair of GFS Dream or Mean 90s will sort you out there. I've yet to hear a good comment about Fender humbuckers.

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways
Old 05.02.11, 2:50 AM

Ah, as if you've read my mind. I thought of getting the Highway 1 series and put p90s on it. My first guitar was a Squire Supersonic, unfortunately, some scum broke into my car and stole it. And ever since I just played my brother's Custom Les Paul, which is quite heavy for me and the sound too meaty for my liking. The default seymour duncan pickups on the supersonic kinda did justice for getting the 90s-indie-rock tone. There's one guy selling it from Ireland for £365 right now but I'd think I will wait and look first until something awesome comes up on ebay.
Old 05.02.11, 9:55 AM

I'm not into GFS parts. At best I think they're lateral upgrades, or useful if you want to just try something for really cheap. Lots of other people like them though.

The model I'm talking about had more than just different pickups. It had a different pickguard and a tune-o-matic and stop tail bridge, and a TV yellowish finish. In fact, it looks a lot like a Les Paul Special with a bolt-on neck. One of the reasons I never got one is that once it got to that point, I'd rather have a Les Paul Special. See here.2002 Fender Toronado American Deluxe Series | eBay

365 (around $600 USD) sounds about right, although you occasionally see them cheaper.
Old 05.05.11, 6:35 AM

jonbye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not into GFS parts. At best I think they're lateral upgrades
In some cases I imagine thats probably because the GFS parts come from the same factory as the branded parts - not great for modding a mid range Fender, great fun for a low cost Squire, or in my case a £50 First Act guitar (which had a surprisingly good humbucker but I wanted a P90)

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways
Old 05.05.11, 10:57 PM

fullmetalfunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fender USA Toronado
Yup. They're pretty cool guitars too.
Old 06.04.11, 12:33 AM

kurtdaniel is on a distinguished road
It somehow looks similar to my MIJ Tiesco guitar which my guitar teacher has given me as a prize!!

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 06.05.11 at 9:46 AM.