Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Guitars

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12.09.10, 3:51 AM

radiohead4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Jagmaster with jaguar chrome plates

Hello,
I want to upgrade my jagmaster pickguard with some jaguar chrome parts, but does anyone know if they would fit? I wonder if the pickguard of my jagmaster is so similar, especially regarding the contour, that i just can cut the jagmaster parts away and substitute them with the chrome parts.

Maybe anyone has ever tried the same before or can compare the parts, i would have to import them from the uk so i don't want to order them without knowing they would fit perfectly.

Cheers,
Ben

Old 12.10.10, 3:59 PM

jonbye is on a distinguished road
You're better off buying the jag plates parts then cutting the pickguard down. Pickguard material is quite cheap too if you want to keep the origial guard unsliced- i cut a mirrored plastic one for a tele and it cost me about 4 GBP (i then messed it up by lazy drilling ending in a kinda cool shatter effect).

I've seen jagmasters done with up with jag parts so it is do able. Question really is whether you should actually sell the jagmaster and buy a jaguar, instead of trying to make your jagmaster into a pale comparison of the guitar you want.

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways