Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Guitars

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01.06.12, 2:19 AM

mickd22 is an unknown quantity at this point
LP Special Double-Cut: Pricing and thoughts

I've Googled high and low, but can't find any price points or indication if this is too expensive:

Gibson Classic SG With Hardshell Case, P90's

Seriously wanting to take the jump and get a Special but I don't want to spend the 1500 or so for the other models. Does anyone own this guitar, or can they offer some advice?

Old 01.06.12, 9:34 AM

Location: Southern California & Hawaii usually, but I get around
olddawg is on a distinguished road
Play it firstfor sure. This is not a 61 - 63 reissue btw. It has the modern pickguard and neck joint. Not necessarily a bad thing. I prefer the old ones without the cowboy pickguard and big block neck joint myself. Not a bad price if it is a player.

Pedal Board: Nady UHF 10 -> TU2 -> Rocktron Big Crush -> 70s MXR Phase 100 -> Cry Baby -> Bad Monkey -> Early '80s Rat -> Early '80s Ibanez CS 9 -> Ibanez DE 7 -> Behringer Dr 100 Stereo Reverb

Stage amps: '63 Blonde Tremolux w/ two original 2X10 cabinets with a '60 Ampeg Rocket/18 watt VTB Marshall clone/ Epi VJ into a Mashall 1965A
Old 01.06.12, 2:16 PM

cerebro911 is on a distinguished road
I'd sya this might eb overpriced, 850 is Guitar cEnter's price for a brand new Les Paul 60s tribute with P90s. A new SG with P90s can be had for 1000, so maybe it's in line with SG prices...
Talking about wireless pedals...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cham Clowder View Post
It would be so we could run from one side of the stage to the other, switch from rhythm to lead, run over to the guy on the hammonds to turn on the flanger, and then sneak up behind the drummer and start going nuts on the wah.

Only to realize those pedals were hooked up to the bass!