Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Guitars

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12.16.10, 6:45 AM

Hoodee is on a distinguished road
New Guitars Day !!!

So one is brand new, bought it yesterday, I got the other one in august, bought it cheap in France and thought I might resell it in Poland, but I kinda fell in love

I'll start with this one then : Ibanez Xiphos XPT 700, Red Chameleon Finish, mahogany body, maple/walnut neck thru, Rosewood fingerboard, EDGE III Locking trem, DiMarzio DiActivator PUs. Looks awesome (if you are into 80's hair metal http://www.drumza.com/images/IbanezXPT700.jpg ), sounds really metal although it's suprisingly well suited for my style of music. The neck is a Wizard II, it's the most confortable thing I've ever played on. The pickups deliver a hot output with a "flat" eq, like active pickups do. Still, the low end is pretty tight, the highs are edgy and the guitar is pretty responsive. The only thing that bothers me is the pointy body, but I barely use it on stage (I hurt myself with it once, knocked myself in the balls ), mostly on rehearsals and I like to sit with it, you can really lock it in your body and just play, no worries about your position or anything.

The second one : Flame EXG 7
Hand made in Poland, 7 string (Yes, I jumped the fence ) alder body, maple bolt on neck, rosewood fingerboard, no inlays, wich looks awesome with the black finish and hardware Dimarzio Tone Zone 7 pickups. I don't know seven strings, so I don't know if it sounds right or not, it's meaty, with a huuuuuuuuuuge low end, even when not playing with the low B string, the neck is thicker than in an Ibanez Universe I've once tried, but the spacing between the strings seems to be closer, making it really fast when shredding (which i rarely do because what's the point ) I'll maybe post a picture later. I Bought this one out of curiosity, just to mess around with at home, but I'm amazed how right it feels to have that extra string...
Boss Tu-2/Planet Waves chromatic pedal tuner
Dunlop CryBaby wah
Roland GFC-50
Boss SE-70
Alesis Midiverb III
Radial Twin City ABY switcher
Ampeg VL-1002
Peavey VTM 60
Marshall 1960A 4x12 (Sheffield 1200)
Marshall 1960B 4x12 (V30)

Last edited by Hoodee; 12.16.10 at 3:02 PM.

Old 12.18.10, 8:11 AM

lobsty is on a distinguished road
A testicular guitar injury???
Ouch! That guitar's gotta go then
Never heard of the Flame EXG 7... got any pics of it?
Old 12.18.10, 11:14 AM

jonbye is on a distinguished road
Got it cheap in France? Proves even the French have taste!
Na I've got an odd feeling the xiphos will do a jaguar on us - go dirtcheap then super collectible
And for the 7 string, pics or you're fibbing!

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways
Old 12.18.10, 12:59 PM

Yeah, just like Destroyers and other pointy stuff Ibanez made 20 or so years ago. I saw a one not that long ago on the polish version of Ebay, in less than a day, the guitar was sold for around 600$ (the bid started at at 200$). But beside the look, the guitar is really cool, and the confort of playing is just what I needed...

One picture of the 7 string is in the attachement, may upload more if anyone wants. The guitar sounds like it looks : dark and heavy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flame EXG 7.JPG (62.4 KB, 14 views)
Dunlop CryBaby wah
Roland GFC-50
Boss SE-70
Alesis Midiverb III
Ampeg VL-1002
Peavey VTM 60
Old 12.18.10, 5:33 PM

7 String looks pretty cool - are they expensive?
I've never heard of them before... I should have been looking to try one of them when I was in Poland. Oh well, I'll be back there in the not too distant future.
Old 12.18.10, 6:52 PM

This one wasn't expensive at all, I even got a discount price on it. I bought it at my friend's store, I knew that this guitar was hanging on the wall for about two or so years, nobody was interested in it, so I just went and told them I'll help the to get rid of that thing if they make me a good price. They dropped it from 1800 PLN to 1300 PLN (that's actually the bulk price, about 400$), so for a new guitar, in mint condition, with really good PUs, I think that was fair enough. The neck is straight, frets are well embedded, it stays in tune, intonation is good...Hell, what could I want more out of a guitar

Flame is basically a sub-brand of Mayones Guitars, hand made in Poland, although Mayones is more of a custom shop while Flames are to be released on the market. These are kind of not expensive copies of different popular models of guitars, but still, the fact they are hand made and the materials are carefully selected makes them a really good value for the money you pay. I've had numerous occasions to play on a few of those guitars, they always felt "right" to me, so when the opportunity to actually own one came, I couldnt resist...Plus, with a 7 string, I can finaly mess around with a standard tunning, play some cool jazzy/bluesy stuff, and if I feel like doing some crazy picking on an open low B string, think Dino Cazares, the only thing I have to do is to switch channels in my amp, no need to have two guitars at home, with two different tunnings...It's an "all-in-one"
Dunlop CryBaby wah
Roland GFC-50
Boss SE-70
Alesis Midiverb III
Ampeg VL-1002
Peavey VTM 60

Last edited by Hoodee; 12.18.10 at 6:57 PM.
Old 12.18.10, 8:04 PM

Cool, thanks for that. Next time I'm in Poland I'll have to ask you about your friend's shop and where to have a look at them.