Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Stompboxes

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03.05.09, 3:28 PM

theunderground is an unknown quantity at this point
Akai headrush VS eh memory man

umm so i want a looper slash delay Akai headrush VS eh memory man hazari
and does anyone know if the mm can do layered loops for some reason i havent been abllt to figure that out thanks

Old 03.05.09, 4:23 PM

knives490 is an unknown quantity at this point
im pretty sure it can.. but ive always thought the headrush would be more functional as a straightforward looper/delay, but the smmw/h can do reverse loops, tape echo soudns and tons more

id go with EHX on damn near anything

I <3 Michel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntumbers View Post
you gotz da mad skillz dawg.

you mod the titties off pedals, and you just got hair on your balls, what, 2 months ago?

I'm pushing 30 and all I can do with a soldering iron is burn myself.
Old 03.05.09, 6:00 PM

DRAGLiNE is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a headrush which I use almost 90% for looping and it's pretty much idiot proof, very simple to use. The SMMwH strikes me as not so straight forward to use, particularly in a live environment, but I don't know, I've never used one. I think it looks more like a studio toy than a practical pedal board addition. But maybe someone who actually has one will correct me

I can recommend the Headrush, though.
Old 03.05.09, 7:44 PM

toma is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 for the headrush.

the EHX is not much fun to use imo. headrush is simple, easy and great sounding.

s/t: LINK
good deals with: Berarduur, Hides-His-Eyes,
Old 03.05.09, 8:07 PM

Depresso is on a distinguished road
i've got a MM hazarai, its great but not the type of thing to do multilayering, gets kinda fiddley, although having tonnes of delay options and looping in one pedal is great. I've not tried the Headrush, but it seems very restricted. If you want pure looping you should get the Digitech jamman, it allows flash caard storage so u can play along to noise or drum loops made on Max or reason etc. it also creates a perfect loop so in a live situation you dont have to worry about being outta synch overdubbing using the looper.

Mogwai are using the Hazarai pedal if that persuades you, it did for me haha
Old 03.05.09, 10:04 PM

codetocontra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to codetocontra
I picked up a Headrush. It is great for looping, easy to use and sounds good. You can infinitely loop over the original loop and then delete all the overdubs and go back to the original loop. It also has a really decent digital delay and tape echo simulation, with tone knob. You can switch between loop, digital delay and tape echo by pressing both switches at the same time...hands free mode adjustment is pretty nice. I bought it for the looper, and actually liked the delays enough to kick my DD-3 off of my board.

I tried the SMMw/H and I really didn't like it as a looper. The delays sounded really good. In loop mode, you have to press one switch to enable the bypass (which on the one I demo'd is where the tone/volume drop occurred) and then you have to hit the other switch to start recording. Not as intuitive to me for on the fly looping. Though you can pitch shift the loops and also switch to the delays to overdub. Lot of people like these too.

If you have a stereo setup the DL4 would be good to look at, as half the delays are meant for stereo. I didn't like the looping as much, I could never adjust the loop volume and live guitar signal to my liking...but that is me. In a single amp rig I don't think the DL4 lives up to its potential. And the oscillation isnt great. Lots of people like these too.

If you want storage space to save loops look into the Boss RC-20(xl?) or the Digitech Jamman. Some say the Boss is noisey, including the other guitarist in my band.

PS. Punctuation never hurt anybody. If you expect people to give you their time in writing good responses to your question then you can at least take a minute to properly type a sentence.
Old 03.07.09, 1:02 AM

MartysPooh is an unknown quantity at this point
SMMwH rapes the headrush if you actually take time to learn it, and it does so many more things, all usable, all musical. Its really much more of a vehicle of creativity. But if you want utilitarian, the headrush is a good hop on and play without training kind of pedal, stupid simple.

Currently on the Board: Zvex Fuzzprobe -> EHX Micro Synth -> Ernie Ball Vol Jr -> EHX HOG w/ FTSW -> Zvex Box of Rock -> Fulltone OCD -> Baja Tech Da Moaf V1 -> Fulltone Supatrem -> MXR Script Phase 90 -> Ibanez DE7 -> EHX SMMwHazarai (stereo)-> Line6 DL4 (stereo)-> Malekko Spring Chicken -> Line6 Verbzilla into

Fender Silverface Twin Reverb and Fender 50w Silverface Bassman head w/ Marshall 1960BX(greenbacks)
Old 03.07.09, 1:19 AM

codetocontra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to codetocontra
Can you learn to make it not have a volume/tone drop in loop mode? I think it "rapes" itself.

Last edited by codetocontra; 03.07.09 at 2:06 AM.
Old 03.07.09, 4:39 AM

toma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysPooh View Post
SMMwH rapes the headrush if you actually take time to learn it, and it does so many more things, all usable, all musical. Its really much more of a vehicle of creativity. But if you want utilitarian, the headrush is a good hop on and play without training kind of pedal, stupid simple.
jonny greenwood uses a Headrush E2. and i have yet to hear anyone calling him uncreative.

i guess it depends on if your creativity comes from you, or how many options your pedal has...

s/t: LINK
good deals with: Berarduur, Hides-His-Eyes,
Old 03.07.09, 4:32 PM

jonny-b-brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i guess it depends on if your creativity comes from you, or how many options your pedal has...

exactly. I think the appeal of pedals like the dmm hazarai is that you can just set some crazy sound and play a bunch of crap and it still sounds interesting. the more creative individual would be the one that can create spacious soundscapes with slapback, or even a dry signal. when someone pushes a feature like reversed loops, it just makes me think that what they played sounded lame and the effect saved it (somewhat)
Old 03.07.09, 11:23 PM

MartysPooh is an unknown quantity at this point
The headrush is great, don't get me wrong. I just happen to still be in honeymoon period with my SMMwH and think its the bee's knees.

Currently on the Board: Zvex Fuzzprobe -> EHX Micro Synth -> Ernie Ball Vol Jr -> EHX HOG w/ FTSW -> Zvex Box of Rock -> Fulltone OCD -> Baja Tech Da Moaf V1 -> Fulltone Supatrem -> MXR Script Phase 90 -> Ibanez DE7 -> EHX SMMwHazarai (stereo)-> Line6 DL4 (stereo)-> Malekko Spring Chicken -> Line6 Verbzilla into

Fender Silverface Twin Reverb and Fender 50w Silverface Bassman head w/ Marshall 1960BX(greenbacks)
Old 03.08.09, 9:00 PM

theunderground is an unknown quantity at this point
So I actualy just got a Jam Man for 65 bucks couldnt pas that up thanks for the help.