Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Stompboxes

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07.03.11, 6:21 PM

parscaster is on a distinguished road
Boss RC3 Loop pedal vs RC 30

A local pawn shop has a Boss RC-3 loop station pedal for sale for $125. I've been wanting to buy a loop pedal and was leaning towards the Boss RC-30 with double pedal, etc. (or RC 20)

I just want a loop pedal for fooling around with at home. I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience with the RC-2 or RC-3 single pedal? Bottom line...are you happy with it?

Thanks

Old 07.08.11, 7:53 PM

No longer a choice. I go the RC3 Loop Station for a $100 even. The irony is that the same day I bought it, a RC-20 and a Digitech Jamman came up for sale locally.

The RC3 is GREAT. The quality of playback is incredible. I'll use this not only as a looper to layer tracks but also for a basic playback for practice.
Old 07.09.11, 3:17 AM

lobsty is on a distinguished road
How's the actual on/off mechanism? Is it easy to get loops precisely in time? I was tempted to get one but trying to loop on a Boss DD20 kind of put me off using Boss footswitches to loop. It just seems much harder to get it in time than something with small metal footswitches like an Eventide Timefactor or DL4. Maybe it's just the DD20 though?
Old 07.09.11, 9:37 AM

I had the same issue with the RC3 but it became a 'no brainer' after looking it up in the manual and 5 minutes of practice. Layering the loops is now seamless after using it a couple of times.

There's also quite a few You Tube videos on this pedal to add some ideas. 'Popularity' isn't the main reason for getting a piece of equipment but it helps these days when you have the Internet as a resource to walk you through an issue.

The on/off is activated with the chord plugged in.

This is now my favorite 'toy'. Who needs a band...
Old 07.10.11, 4:53 AM

lobsty is on a distinguished road
Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm using a Timefactor at the moment but I need another for my acoustic rig. Maybe my difficulty is having different kinds of loopers for acoustic and electric - you get used to one and then the other is a glitch fest. If I had teh same mechanism for each one it might be better.