Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Stompboxes

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08.11.10, 5:44 PM

mfc_pj is an unknown quantity at this point
Chorus Pedal?

I need recommendations for a good chorus pedal. I want a vintage sounding lush analog chorus - nothing modern. Maybe with a vibe option.
I use a small clone for a long time now and I like it but I want to look around for something else - a bit more tweakable.

Old 08.11.10, 10:04 PM

p_s_f is on a distinguished road
I know you said you didn't want modern sounding, but I love my Visual Sound H2O. I can get lush chorus sound and univibe-y sounds out of the thing. And it comes with an ehco section before that! I use the echo on short, through a lush chorus etting you can get some cool sounds out of it.

Ryan Tell (Solo Ambient Electronica Project)

Parlour Bikes (On Hiatus)
Old 08.12.10, 9:54 AM

Simpleton is on a distinguished road
I should be receiving a Stereo Polychorus in the next few weeks I'll report back on my findings.
Old 08.12.10, 1:39 PM

BASS9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to BASS9
If you wanna go cheap, try the Danelectro 18v cool cat (green/beige large metal unit) or one of the older DOD units(FX67, FX68) or the DOD 565-B stereo chorus vibrato. All of these units have lots of fun and coolness to offer for little $$$$.
Old 08.12.10, 9:55 PM

codetocontra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to codetocontra
I am a broken record...

The Small Clone is great. I would consider the Poly Chorus to be the much bigger, older brother. Much tweaking involved, so it can be as versatile as you can be creative. Plus you can still dial in the subtlety of the Small Clone. 4 modes, a filter sweep switch, 4 knobs. Makes a decent delay pedal too, quite unique. I owned and loved both of these pedals.
Old 08.13.10, 3:48 AM

arnoldtheduck is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to arnoldtheduck
I really liked the Polychorus when I tried it in store! The Chorus modes were lush, the flanger was awesome and the double track and filter matrix modes were really fun to get creative with! My Mum and Dad got me a Boss CE-5 (digital) for Christmas, which is really tweakable, and it's nice in that it isn't too 'in your face', it's really subtle and I love the vibrato sound I can get from it (it beats the vibrato mode in my analog Marshall VT-1!). You could also look for a Boss CE-2, which is a mono compact stomper with a circuit based on the Boss CE-1 (which I imagine costs too much to justify buying it!), which in turn is based on the Jazz Chorus' chorus effect! I was also recommended the Visual Sound H2O by the staff at the local guitar store.
Old 08.13.10, 7:01 AM

Mr.Wednesday is an unknown quantity at this point
The Samll Clone is great. I've heard good things about the new Nano Clone. If you can find a Dan electro cool Cat it mybe exactly what you are looking for. It sounds great and defininitely pulls a page out from yesteryear.

Also, the DMM has a nice chorusing sound on it 9plus it can duble as a delay pedal...because it is one)if you set the delay time really fast and turn the chorus up on the pedal it sounds great. It's one of the few chorus sounds I've actually liked.

You may want to check out the voodoo labs chorus pedal too. Sounds nice and warm.

Wednesday
Old 08.14.10, 5:11 PM

mfc_pj is an unknown quantity at this point
I finally got a Jam Pedals Waterfall. What a great pedal. Check it out: http://www.jampedals.com/index.php?p...rfall&hl=en_GB
Old 08.14.10, 5:25 PM

p_s_f is on a distinguished road
I saw one review was from Greg Koch. That's pretty solid, he was my guitar teacher's teacher.

Ryan Tell (Solo Ambient Electronica Project)

Parlour Bikes (On Hiatus)