Go Back   GeekChat! > ELECTRIC GUITAR > Stompboxes

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03.13.08, 6:16 AM

Adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Korg ToneWorks 105od

I bought one of these overdrive pedals second hand at the local Cash Convertors for about £30. I have a reasonable collection of overdrive pedals and always liked the look of this one, so I took a chance on it.

First impressions are all positive - warm sound for a digital unit, 2 seperate programmes easily switchable, sweepable contour to make the most of the Tone control and capable of grittier tones if nec. All in all, extremely useable.

I've read that some of these units can be troublesome - switching glitches, volume dropouts etc - but so far, no probs. What is interesting, are comments that the units can be noisy on battery power, rather than when being mains powered. That seems counter-intuitive to me, but actually it's true. I've never encountered this on another pedal.

With 2 overdrive levels/tones to play with, it's a good little unit for space starved pedalboards, being half the size of a Fulldrive. In truth, I have other overdrives that sound a little better than this one, but I do like it, even though it's hardly a classic.

Anyone else have one of these and may care to comment on their experiences with it?
Guitars ~ Fender Highway Strat (upgraded model), Fender Classic 60s Strat, 2 Seymour Duncan powered Squire Strats, Fender Toronado GT, Gretsch Pro Jet, Yamaha RGX A2 & 2 Pacifica 112, Seymour Duncan/DiMarzio powered Model 3 h/s/s Charvel. Semour Duncan/Trev Wilkinson powered Vintage VS6 SG, Vintage V100MRPGM "Lemon Drop" (relic'd Peter Green/Gary Moore Les Paul tribute), PRS SE Maple Soapbar II, Ibanez SA260FM and Seymour Duncan powered Squire 51.

Amps ~ Fender Blues Junior modded with Celestion Vintage 30 driver, Ashdown Peacemaker 40watt tube combo, Grainger Valve Junior 5watt & Hughes Kettner Edition Blue 60 watt combo.

Effects (highlights only) ~ Blackstar valve Boost, TC Electronics 'Vintage Overdrive', Vox Cooltron 'Snake Charmer' tube compressor, Vox Cooltron Brit Boost, Boss DM2 analogue delay, Digitech 'Crossroads' Clapton signature pedal, Boss Dyna Drive, Boss Fender Deluxe Reverb amp modeller, Boss Fender Bassman modeller and (too) many more.

BOSS DM2 pedal for sale - immaculate, boxed, with manual, owned from new. Message me before it goes on Ebay - SOLD..