Go Back   GeekChat! > GUITARGEEK RIGS > User Rigs

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12.19.07, 1:15 PM

berarduur is on a distinguished road
Talking My rig, finally

So, I was bored this evening, need to examine some ECG's....... but want also to add my rig to the every growing community..............

- Easy contact MSN: er_ker at hotmail.com
- Occupation: Student medicine; graduated in Medical Science. Both on the Radboud University of Nijmegen. Both bassist as a guitarist
- Bands: SquareLight, The Whole Nine Yards, TachyCardia and more
- Interests: Music and electronics
- Famous sentence: We've got enough time

Music taste: Electronic music, beautiful music, loud music

Heroes: Keith Richards, dEUS, Chet Baker

So, here are my rig(s)! Pics are coming soon!

Guitar rig

Guitars:
- Fender Telecaster "Crafted in Japan" with Fender Texas Special neck pickup and Lindy Fralin Blues Special in bridge

- Brandless SG with GFS Mean 90's

- Bach ES-335 with Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the neck and a Bareknuckle Mule in the bridge

Pedals:
- Homebuild RMC Wizard Wah with small mods; small mods to make the wah really mellow, widen the sweep and opening up the sound. LOVE it!
- Homebuild Crowther Hotcake; mix between model '77 (nice bass response) and the the '03 model (nice treble response). From clean boost to nice overdrive and distortion. Added switchable diodes for a more distortion like sound.
- Homebuild hybrid Fuzz Face; mix of silicon and germanium to get the best of both worlds. The best Fuzz Face around, period! Added a tone knob and boosted mids slightly
- Colorsound Overdriver; she is back on my board and I have missed her. I searched for that sound and now finally I had got it back! Shame she has left me for so long but she had a small world tour (borrowed by a friend).
- Homebuild RM Voodoo Vibe; greatest univibe out there with a great tremolo sound and uber control over the unit. Modded it slightly for phaser sounds, better symmetry and a better top end. Speed is controlled by EXP pedal (Boss FV-300L)
- Boss FV-300L used as volume pedal and EXP pedal

Pedals in amps FX loop
- Pearl AD-08; Analog delay made by Pearl. In sound as in circuit very close to the DM-2 by Boss. Modded to get into oscillation a bit quicker
- Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress (non deluxe, 9V version); Great flanger / chorus sounds from this unit. Modded with a small booster to cure the volume loss and a mix trimpot (to make the unit sit better in the mix)
- Boss DSD-3 Digital Delay and sampler; great digital delay with a nice and warm sound and great oscillation. Modded to imitate a tape echo (mods designed by Baja Man)

All powered by a CIOKS baby

Amps
- JW Overdrive reverb special; great and direct Dumble ODR-S clone. Best amp I ever heard, can't simply live without her. Has the greatest FX loop I ever heard (Dumbleator). This amp is my tone and goes from slight OD to pure and full on metal
My JW amps story and my review of the unit
- Epiphone Jr.; simple 5W amp, usually played with a bass 2x10 or 4x10 next to the dumble on stage. Modded thorough (nothing left of the original design) and made into a Gibson GA-5.

Bass Rig

Basses
- Epiphone Thunderbird; my sweetheart called Rose. My most used gigging bass that has seen most stages. With a '69 Gibson MUDbucker in the neck, a Duesenberg pickup in the bridge and a bone nut. Best sound ever!
-Farida Jazz bass; my backup bass that I use for some songs. Newly painted with a thin nitro layer to make it sound much nicer. With GFS Jazz Bass pickups (they rock!) and a Hipshot D-tuner.
- Bach RickenBACHer; Rickenbacker clone as made by BACH with a neck through body and made of mahogany. Equipped with 2 real Rickenbacker pickups to make it sound more alive. I use this bass sometimes.

Pedals
- Buffer; simple solution to make my bass sound more open. Buffer runs on 18V
(- Seperate line to my Arion Stage Tuner)
- Boss FV-300L; used as a volume pedal and an EXP pedal for my EHX Microsynth
- Homebuild Microamp; runs on 18V
- Radial ProDI; so I can control the DI sound also
- Homebuild mixer unit; used to split my signal in clean and affected. Mixer runs on 18V

in FX loop of the mixer
- Boss SYB-3; used for my digital synth sounds, carrier waves and octaver sounds. Tracking is OK but when combined with a muff it is pure synth heaven
- Electro Harmonix MicroSynth; my main synth pedal. Simply awesome and I use it too much for octaves, synth and fuzz. Modded so both versions (guitar as bass) are available and the addition of a EXP pedal out (that controls the stop parameter)
- Boss SD-2; a great OD pedal for bass! I modded the Crunch side to a BasScreamer (bass tubescreamer) and the Lead part to a more bass heavy side. Great! My main OD pedal!
- Russian Big Muff Pi ; great pedal that brings me my fuzz! When combined with a clean blend uber usuable. Modded with a bass switch (great when combined with the SYB) and a mid knob
Return to mixer

- Boss RV-3; for my reverb and delay needs on bass. Delay is great as it is pure digital (super clean), reverb is very usefull with bass. Makes my leads open up a bit.
- Electro Harmonix Small Clone ; great pedal for chorus sounds and more. Is modded with a dial to set the delay time (and makes it sound from a flanger, through chorus to a pitch shifting vibrato). Also added was a tremolo switch and a depth knob (instead of the depth switch). Uber cool: blinking LED . Note: wired backwards
- Boss GE-7B ; to add some more tonal changes to my sound. Modded to be more HiFi, less noisy and great sounding. Also wired backwards
- Buffer; to drive the long leads
- Channel switch; to choose between 1 and 2 outs (same phase)

All pedals are powered by a Dunlop DC brick and the 24V EHX adapter (MicroSynth)

Amps
- Ampeg V4; a very great amp that has a nice and unique OD sound when both channels are combined. Modded for a tighter bass response and the repair of some factory errors.
- Ampeg SVT-200T; the BEST SS Ampeg around, period. When combined with the V4 a great mix of clean and OD. Also my backup.
Dependent on stage size I use the V4 of the V4 + the SVT-200T. I usually play em through an Ampeg 4x10 (V4) and a Peavey 2x10 (SVT-200T); need to get a 8x10 soon

Stuff not in use:
- ProCo Rat; unit from the 90's with the nice chip (LM308) already in em. Modded it with a three position switch to switch between a Turbo Rat, a Stock Rat II and a big boost. Also included small mods to make it sound more like a Landgraff Mo'D. Switch crackles like mad but I like it enough to keep with from repairing.
- Pearl OC-07; unit gotten from a friend. Never use it anymore
- Boss GE-7; used it a lot with my old amp but I don't need her flexibility anymore due to my amp. Modded to sound more HiFi, less noisy and has a yellow LED

Stuff for sale
- Boss Bass Overdrive; Modded for more mids, less overwhelming distortion (was a bit too much) and a better mix control
- Ibanez DL-10; great digital delay that sounds surprisingly analog. Oscillates nice and sweet. Modded it with an extra feedback knob (to control oscillation) and a switch that cuts highs (analog mode)
- Pearl PH-03; as I use my vibe now for phase like sounds I don't use it anymore and can be sold. Sweet sounding phase with a manual knob to set the center frequency
- EHX Deluxe Big Muff; the deluxe version of the Muff. Basically a opamp big muff wth a Soul Preacher compressor. Both can be set in series (comp into fuzz) or parallel. Great sounds. Recently checked and works! Modded to accept 9V!
- Korg G5 bass synth; as I have no need anymore for other synths this one is for sale
- EHX Big Muff, modded to triangle specs. Truely close to the original Muff sound
- Morley PWB (power wah boost); the bass / keyboard / guitar volume / wah pedal that was know to be used by Cliff Burton of Metallica. I never use it anymore. Has a great boost function!

Quote:
"Berarduur, the self sufficient guitar maan"
"He's Barardurr; he just does"
Technophobia; Analog Audio Solutions; for all your custom builds and mods.
http://technophobia.co.nr/

Last edited by berarduur; 01.06.08 at 10:57 AM.

Old 12.19.07, 3:56 PM

RocketStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds good!

Now we need pictures.

War Eagle and God bless.
Old 12.19.07, 10:38 PM

Genage is an unknown quantity at this point
you cant really put words after that
Old 12.19.07, 11:38 PM

Asland is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Asland
Wow.

That's quite the rig...
Both Guitar and Bass.

The bass rig especially seems stacked.

Why do you favor the digital delay over your analog?
Just Interested...

Asland
Takamine Custom Dreadnought
Ibanez BTB-406QM

Marshall Valvestate 8240
Peavey Tube MX

Morley Wah
Boss GE-7
Ibanez DS7
Digitech DigiDelay
Digitech Jamman
Old 12.20.07, 4:56 AM

benj05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to benj05
I like your rigs,
They sound very cool.
Ben
Old 12.20.07, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Asland
Wow.

That's quite the rig...
Both Guitar and Bass.

The bass rig especially seems stacked.

Why do you favor the digital delay over your analog?
Just Interested...

Asland
I am quite a different player when my bass standards are compared to my guitar standards; completely different bands, quite the same feeling. Keeps me from getting bored with the same music.

I don't favor the digital delay over the analog; I just love em for their own sounds

Quote:
Old 12.20.07, 11:19 PM

grillsergeant is an unknown quantity at this point
How are the GFS Mean 90's? How do they compare to the PhatCat?
Old 12.21.07, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grillsergeant
How are the GFS Mean 90's? How do they compare to the PhatCat?
They do sound alike; the Phat Cat is more middy and open, the Mean is a bit more biting

Quote:
Old 12.22.07, 11:46 PM

grillsergeant is an unknown quantity at this point
I've played the PhatCats, they're nice, but a pair of them's a bit pricey for a restoration project. I was thinking of trying the GFS Dream 90s, or maybe the Mean 90s, since they cost half as much as the Duncans.
Old 12.23.07, 4:02 AM

Go for the Mean's!

Quote:
Old 12.24.07, 8:40 PM

DAVIDCOUPE is on a distinguished road
Ah yes, Rogier, you've joined the COLOURFUL SIGNATURE REVOLUTION! "making GuitarGeek prettier, one sig at a time".

Welcome

Nice rigs BTW!
Old 12.25.07, 3:54 PM

stratocast79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stratocast79
Nice, but I'd like to see pics as well

I got a Clark Gainster today as well, very nice pedals.
Old 12.27.07, 4:56 AM

I'll try to make some pics today

How is the Gainster? I like it as my main tubescreamer like pedal; it has this nice mid boost but also can be so transparant.......

Quote:
Old 12.27.07, 9:39 AM

stratocast79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stratocast79
Quote:
Originally posted by berarduur
I'll try to make some pics today

How is the Gainster? I like it as my main tubescreamer like pedal; it has this nice mid boost but also can be so transparant.......
I absolutely love it. I hooked it up and put the gain at nothing and the tone and noon twisting the gain up to where I liked it- just above noon, and then explored the tone knob for all of 3 seconds til I got this beautiful gain character with the tone knob just beyond 3 o'clock. I don't think this one will be leaving the board for quite some time. And it stacks really well with other gain pedals! I now feel like I have a 3 channel amp!
Old 12.27.07, 9:49 AM

Great to hear! Same here!

Which version do you have? I build one to the start specs with the (beautiful) Paper in Oil caps (to make the transparancy a bit more). I simply love this unit!

Quote: