Go Back   GeekChat! > SONGWRITING > Verse-Chorus-Verse

Share/Bookmark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08.30.08, 9:58 PM

messy bedroom is on a distinguished road
some constructive criticism?

hey everyone.

due to lack of available people that want to start bands that aren't screamo or metal, i mostly write filled out songs recorded but i always felt like my performance lacked due to performing solo.

here's a video from my first "solo" looping performance. let me know what you think i could improve. vocals are rough but it was the last song, and its always been a bit of a stretch on my vocal range.

video

pretty much i got tired of knowing what i heard in my head live and not being able to show people fully realized songs. this is my first attempt in making comprimise.

thanks for listening. and watching... my video editing skills are non existant for i just mess around when it comes to making videos.

Good exchange with Cham Clowder.

Old 08.31.08, 10:26 AM

nothing?

Old 08.31.08, 1:41 PM

Vamplifier is an unknown quantity at this point
It went on about 5 minutes too long.

Overall I like the guitar sound and feel of the tune.
Old 08.31.08, 5:09 PM

i know what you mean about the length of it. most of my songs are no longer than 3 minutes. this is my only" epic song" that breaks the 5 minute boundary of excess.

Old 08.31.08, 5:12 PM

td1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked it a lot.

Has a nice authentic sound - a texture to it.
Old 08.31.08, 6:34 PM

DAVIDCOUPE is on a distinguished road
I liked the vocals a lot. That would be your vocals. not the audience who seemed to be talking through the whole thing. I've seen people talk through some amazing concerts. I mean, this is a concert, the guy is a musician playing music for you, who the **** are you anyway? You're some dumb bitch who's going to get made fun of on Youtube videos for talking through a cool song. Err, I hope that wasn't your girlfriend or your mom or something...

The worst is at acoustic-bar dealys. People with no hobbies who watch the Hills and ****, dressed up in their polo shirts trying to get laid gossiping while a guy who came all the way from South Africa to play this gig is singing songs about having sex with Angelina Jolie. It's even more annoying when the barmaid is yelling stupid gossip over the music to all of her 'friends'. Shouldn't she be telling them to shut the **** up?

You would be deadly as a twopiece! There aren't any drummers in Toronto? I thought the video editing was really funny. I would want to start a band with you for sure if you lived in Ottawa.
Old 08.31.08, 8:18 PM

lol ya i plyed last so ther was all of 10 people left. one was my girlfriend and my mom was there too but they werent the ones yammering.

i cant find any drummers who aren't committed to 6 bands already, or ones who want to play 60's pop meets (insert influence of the week here) occasionally i can find drummers for one off situations but rehearsal time is always tight and shows aren't always good as i want because essentially everything has to be straight.

and yes about the acoustic shows... that why i like playing with a stack and an army of pedals so i can at least compete with the audience members who dont donate when the pitcher goes around the room.

one fuzz pedal and they are done with a little self oscillation.

Old 09.01.08, 9:46 AM

cricketchorus is on a distinguished road
I really liked the sound and song itself. Don't beat yourself up over the vocals. They fit the style of song really well.